POSITION AVAILABLE: Wyoming Child & Family Development, Inc. – Cheyenne is now scheduling interviews for 2 Cook Assistants. Application deadline: 7/2/2020 by 10 a.m.
We look forward to visiting with you!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
TITLE OF POSITION: COOK ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Cheyenne, WY
SUPERVISED BY: Cook/Center Coordinator
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for helping the Cook prepare the daily meals and snacks for the Center. Responsible for maintaining standard health practices and procedures as outlined by Wyoming Child and Family Development, The State of Wyoming, and other licensing agencies.
- No education requirements.
- Basic cooking skills for preparing meals for a large number of children.
- Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
- Ability to carry out State of Wyoming’s Sanitation Standards for Public Kitchens.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Assists the cook in the overall operation of the kitchen, following his/her directions.
- Assists in preparing meals according to the planned menu.
- Sets the table before each meal, using all the appropriate table service.
- Cleans up after each meal (table, dishes, etc.).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe kitchen environment as per State regulations.
- Practices health standards.
- Uses positive verbal/non-verbal communications and interaction skills when working with staff, parents, and children.
- Attends required training sessions
- Promotes positive public relations within the work setting and community.
- Recruits children for the program within the guidelines established by Department of Health and Human Services and Wyoming Child and Family Development.
- Assumes responsibility of cook if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board or its designee.
All requirements for this position will meet the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards, DFS licensing, NAEYC standards, Wyoming Division of Disabilities Rules and regulations and WCFD policies and procedures. All employees will adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of WCFD.
STANDARD JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or others, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have employment physical and TB risk assessment prior to work with children.
- Must have AHA CPR and First Aid Training completed within 90 days, unless otherwise specified by the supervisor.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc. requires all prospective employees to participate in a Central Registry and criminal background check, including fingerprinting upon hire and every 5 years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and liability insurance as required by Wyoming State Law. Driving records are reviewed annually.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development requires an initial statement of health from a licensed healthcare provider and a renewed statement every 5 years.
- Must be able to work with families and children birth through age 5.
- Must possess proper stress management techniques.
- Must possess visual acuity and stamina to read technical material for extended periods of time.
- Be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time without fatigue or discomfort.
- Must be able to travel to site locations, meetings and trainings, both in and out of state.
- Must be willing to drive in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to hear and process ordinary conversation and telephone conversation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, children, families, and community.
- Must be able to tolerate air-conditioned buildings and fluorescent lights.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or reach, to retrieve materials and supplies from ground level to a height of at least 5 ft.
- Must have upper body strength to lift and carry the equivalent of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist a child to safety in case of an emergency.
- Must be able to work in a flexible daily routine and change as required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures, including hot and cold weather.
Transportation staff must:
- Able to tolerate possible exposure to biohazards, i.e., body fluids, etc.
- Ability to recognize mechanical problems that would require stopping of bus to prevent damage or potential accident while driving.
- Able to read gauges on dash of bus and recognize indicator of problems.
- Able to tolerate possible gas and diesel fumes.
- Able to tolerate dust and gravel.