This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
TITLE OF POSITION: E-HELPER
LOCATION: Torrington, WY
SUPERVISED BY: Center Coordinator or Designee
Provides support for the delivery of Speech Language Therapy services with a contracted therapist through Tiny EYE, an online therapy platform.
• Must have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. and be 18 years of age (state requirements).
• Must attain additional training or certifications, which may be required by Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc.
• Must be able to work well with children (ages birth through 5 years of age), including those with special needs, and their families.
• Needs to be well organized and able to problem solve.
• Must have knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for children.
• The ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions is necessary.
• Must have interpersonal skills to work with a variety of personality types.
1. Assists the teacher/home visitor in staffing through observation, recording, and reporting on a child’s individual progress.
2. Assists in the reinforcement of Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) and/or Individual Education Plan (IEP) related skills as assigned.
3. Provides support for the delivery of Speech Language Therapy services through Tiny EYE direct services to children in a variety of settings including classrooms, private childcares and preschools, and family homes.
4. Maintains class areas in a clean and orderly manner on a daily basis.
5. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with staff, students, and parents at all times.
6. Works effectively with children with behavior concerns, developmental disabilities, and/or learning impairments.
7. Performs minor first aid duties and routine hygienic care.
8. Communicates effectively with families, staff, and community volunteers as required.
9. Participates in child screenings as appropriate.
10. Assists the teacher in all playground activities.
11. Recruits children for the program within the guidelines established by Department of Health and Human Services and Wyoming Child and Family Development.
12. Provides emergency care to children and families as appropriate.
13. Reports suspected child abuse in accordance with the policies and procedures of Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc.
14. Follows all policies and procedures of Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc.
15. Respects the dignity of each enrolled person and treats him/her with fairness and courtesy.
16. Ensures the safety of all enrolled children and families while participating in the WCFD program activities.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or its designee
STANDARD JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or others, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must have an employment physical and TB test prior to work with children.
• Must have AHA CPR and First Aid Training completed within 90 days, unless otherwise specified by the supervisor.
• Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc. requires all prospective employees to participate in a Central Registry and criminal background check, including fingerprinting upon hire and every 5 years.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and liability insurance as required by Wyoming State Law. Driving records are reviewed annually.
• Wyoming Child and Family Development requires an initial statement of health from a licensed healthcare provider and a renewed statement every 5 years.
1. Must be able to work with families and children birth through age 5.
2. Must possess proper stress management techniques.
3. Must possess visual acuity and stamina to read technical material for extended periods of time.
4. Be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time without fatigue or discomfort.
5. Must be able to travel to site locations, meetings and trainings, both in and out of state.
6. Must be willing to drive in a variety of weather conditions.
7. Must be able to hear and process ordinary conversation and telephone conversation.
8. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, children, families, and community.
9. Must be able to tolerate air-conditioned buildings and fluorescent lights.
10. Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or reach, to retrieve materials and supplies from ground level to a height of at least 5 ft.
11. Must have upper body strength to lift and carry the equivalent of 50 pounds.
12. Must be able to assist a child to safety in case of an emergency.
13. Must be able to work in a flexible daily routine and change as required.
14. Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures, including hot and cold weather.
All requirements for this position will meet the Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards, DFS licensing, NAEYC standards, Wyoming Division of Disabilities rules and regulations and WCFD policies and procedures. All employees will adhere to the mission, vision and values of WCFD.
These are minimum requirements, not personal qualifications of the person(s) presently in the job. In other words, you must meet these requirements in order to be considered for the job