POSITION AVAILABLE: Wyoming Child & Family Development, Inc. – Guernsey Administrative Office is now scheduling interviews for a Fiscal Operations Assistant. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. We look forward to visiting with you!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
TITLE OF POSITION: FISCAL OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Guernsey, WY
SUPERVISED BY: Business Manager/HR Director
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Performs general accounting duties, assisting the Business Manager/Fiscal Officer in the accurate and timely management of the accounting functions and financial operations of WCFD. Oversees all staff and responsibilities for specific assigned area, (Accounts Payable & Purchasing).
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with studies in accounting/finance and two years of experience in accounting work experience. WCFD will only accept college degrees from accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Computer experience/knowledge is required.
- Must be able to organize and follow to completion projects and tasks assigned by Administrative Staff, or Business Manager /HR Director.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a multi-leadership and staff-team situation. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with field staff.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or co-workers; with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc. require all prospective employees to participate in a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and central registry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and liability insurance as required by Wyoming State law.
- Monitors overall functions of assigned fiscal area. Communicates issues or concerns to the Business Manager/Fiscal Officer. Works with Business Manager/ Fiscal Officer to ensure smooth operation of Fiscal Department.
- Oversees and approves general accounting duties as assigned, which may include:
- Compiling monthly and quarterly reports for utilities and center supply budgets.
- Ensuring that expenses are documented, reasonable, allowable for the pertinent funding source, and allocated per the cost allocation plan.
- Entering invoice information into accounting system for all approved expenses.
- Processing cash receipts and making deposits.
- All billings including state, counties and schools.
- Reconciling bank statements and specific account balances.
- Processing and reporting of Inkind.
- Preparing accounting statements and other paperwork.
- Reviews and approves cost allocations for accounts payable and payroll.
- Reviews and approves janitorial and ground maintenance contracts.
- Requesting cash through electronic payment management.
- Communicates fiscal concerns and budgetary constraints to the Business Manager/Fiscal Officer.
- Assists in the development of grant applications and budget proposals.
- Assists in compiling monthly and quarterly reports for grants.
- Assists administration in the management of the financial software, problem determination and providing training and assistance to other staff.
All requirements for this position will meet the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards, DFS licensing, NAEYC standards, Wyoming Division of Disabilities Rules and regulations and WCFD policies and procedures. All employees will adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of WCFD.
THESE ARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, NOT PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PERSON(S) PRESENTLY IN THE JOB. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE JOB.
STANDARD JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or others, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have an employment physical and TB risk assessment prior to work with children.
- Must have AHA CPR and First Aid Training completed within 90 days, unless otherwise specified by the supervisor.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc. requires all prospective employees to participate in a Central Registry and criminal background check, including fingerprinting upon hire and every 5 years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and liability insurance as required by Wyoming State Law. Driving records are reviewed annually.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development requires an initial statement of health from a licensed healthcare provider and a renewed statement every 5 years.
- Must be able to work with families and children birth through age 5.
- Must possess proper stress management techniques.
- Must possess visual acuity and stamina to read technical material for extended periods of time.
- Be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time without fatigue or discomfort.
- Must be able to travel to site locations, meetings and trainings, both in and out of state.
- Must be willing to drive in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to hear and process ordinary conversation and telephone conversation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, children, families, and community.
- Must be able to tolerate air-conditioned buildings and fluorescent lights.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or reach, to retrieve materials and supplies from ground level to a height of at least 5 ft.
- Must have upper body strength to lift and carry the equivalent of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist a child to safety in case of an emergency.
- Must be able to work in a flexible daily routine and change as required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures, including hot and cold weather.
Transportation staff must:
- Able to tolerate possible exposure to biohazards, i.e., body fluids, etc.
- Ability to recognize mechanical problems that would require stopping of bus to prevent damage or potential accident while driving.
- Able to read gauges on dash of bus and recognize indicator of problems.
- Able to tolerate possible gas and diesel fumes.
- Able to tolerate dust and gravel.