POSITION AVAILABLE: Wyoming Child & Family Development, Inc. – Guernsey is now scheduling interviews for a Janitor. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Deadline for WCFD application 8/10/19.
We look forward to visiting with you!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
TITLE OF POSITION: JANITOR
LOCATION: GUERNSEY, WY
SUPERVISED BY: Center Coordinator or Business Manager (if in Central Office.)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: Cleans and maintains the premises to ensure standards of health and sanitation guidelines required by Head Start and other licensing agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: No education requirements. Must have basic understanding and ability to function in the job in such a manner as to conform to necessary cleanliness standards for Education Institutions. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or others; with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Completes a schedule for building cleaning and operation.
- Vacuums all carpets in area of responsibility.
- Cleans, sanitizes, services, and restocks restrooms.
- Cleans and sanitizes drinking fountains.
- Washes windows and frames as directed.
- Dust mops or damp mops all resilient or tile floors.
- Empties and sanitizes waste and sanitary receptacles.
- Sanitizes and fills all dispensers.
- Replaces light bulbs as needed and cleans light fixtures.
- Cleans furniture as directed.
- Operates physical facility equipment as needed i.e. carpet shampooer, floor buffer, vacuum, ladder, drill, etc.
- Reads and interprets directions on cleaning supplies and follows all safety recommendations.
- Seeks appropriate additional tasks when work is completed.
All requirements for this position will meet the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards, DFS licensing, NAEYC standards, Wyoming Division of Disabilities Rules and regulations and WCFD policies and procedures. All employees will adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of WCFD.
STANDARD JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or others, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have an employment physical and TB risk assessment prior to work with children.
- Must have AHA CPR and First Aid Training completed within 90 days, unless otherwise specified by the supervisor.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc. requires all prospective employees to participate in a Central Registry and criminal background check, including fingerprinting upon hire and every 5 years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and liability insurance as required by Wyoming State Law. Driving records are reviewed annually.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development requires an initial statement of health from a licensed healthcare provider and a renewed statement every 5 years.
- Must be able to work with families and children birth through age 5.
- Must possess proper stress management techniques.
- Must possess visual acuity and stamina to read technical material for extended periods of time.
- Be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time without fatigue or discomfort.
- Must be able to travel to site locations, meetings and trainings, both in and out of state.
- Must be willing to drive in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to hear and process ordinary conversation and telephone conversation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, children, families, and community.
- Must be able to tolerate air-conditioned buildings and fluorescent lights.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or reach, to retrieve materials and supplies from ground level to a height of at least 5 ft.
- Must have upper body strength to lift and carry the equivalent of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist a child to safety in case of an emergency.
- Must be able to work in a flexible daily routine and change as required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures, including hot and cold weather.
Transportation staff must:
- Able to tolerate possible exposure to biohazards, i.e., body fluids, etc.
- Ability to recognize mechanical problems that would require stopping of bus to prevent damage or potential accident while driving.
- Able to read gauges on dash of bus and recognize indicator of problems.
- Able to tolerate possible gas and diesel fumes.
- Able to tolerate dust and gravel.