POSITION AVAILABLE: Wyoming Child & Family Development, Inc. – Lincoln Infant Toddler Center is now scheduling interviews for a Paraeducator. This is a full time position with excellent benefits.
We look forward to visiting with you!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider
TITLE OF POSITION: EHS PARAEDUCATOR
LOCATION: Torrington, WY
SUPERVISED BY: EHS Teacher/Family Support Provider
To ensure and provide a developmentally appropriate and safe environment for children birth to three years of age, that promotes exploration, learning, and the formation of secure and trusting relationships. To assist the EHS Teacher/Family Support Provider in the preparation of materials and the set-up of the learning environment. To provide consistent, primary care that is individualized to meet the needs of each child and family enrolled in the EHS program.
- Must have a high School Diploma or a G.E.D. and be 18 years of age (state requirements). WCFD will only accept college degrees from accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Must attain additional training or certifications which may be required by WCFD. In the absence of an early childhood degree, Paraeducators must attend CDA training, and must apply for an Infant/Toddler Child Development Associates Credential (CDA) within one (1) year of hire.
- Must be able to work well with children (ages birth through three-years), including those with special needs, and their families.
- Must have knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for children.
- Needs to be able to problem solve and follow both written and oral directions.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work with a variety of personality types.
- Recruits children for the program within the guidelines established by the Department of Health and Human Services and WCFD.
- Provides infant/toddler care based upon knowledge of child growth and development.
- Provides direct services to children, families, and staff in a variety of settings and weather conditions, including classrooms, private childcares and preschools, and family homes.
- Uses positive verbal and nonverbal communication when interacting with staff, children, and families at all times.
- Works effectively with children with behavioral concerns, developmental disabilities, and/or learning impairments.
- Assists in preparing and implementing group socialization experiences for enrolled children and families.
- Completes all assigned paperwork.
- Provides individualized educational experiences that encourage children to explore, manipulate, develop a sense of self, and problem solve.
- Supports Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) and/or Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals, in conjunction with Teachers, Family Support Providers and Therapists.
- Maintains class areas in a clean and orderly manner.
- Must be able to assume classroom responsibilities.
- Performs minor first aid duties and routine hygienic care.
- Provides routine care for children, including changing diapers, feeding, comforting, etc.
- Participates in child screenings as appropriate.
- Assists in all outdoor and playground activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Board or its designee.
All requirements for this position will meet the Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards, DFS licensing, NAEYC standards, Wyoming Division of Disabilities Rules and regulations and WCFD policies and procedures. All employees will adhere to the Mission, Vision, and Values of WCFD.
THESE ARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, NOT PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PERSON(S) PRESENTLY IN THE JOB. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE JOB.
STANDARD JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position, as defined in the job description, without presenting a danger to either self or others, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have an employment physical and TB risk assessment prior to work with children.
- Must have AHA CPR and First Aid Training completed within 90 days, unless otherwise specified by the supervisor.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development, Inc. requires all prospective employees to participate in a Central Registry and criminal background check, including fingerprinting upon hire and every 5 years.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and liability insurance as required by Wyoming State Law. Driving records are reviewed annually.
- Wyoming Child and Family Development requires an initial statement of health from a licensed healthcare provider and a renewed statement every 5 years.
- Must be able to work with families and children birth through age 5.
- Must possess proper stress management techniques.
- Must possess visual acuity and stamina to read technical material for extended periods of time.
- Be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time without fatigue or discomfort.
- Must be able to travel to site locations, meetings and trainings, both in and out of state.
- Must be willing to drive in a variety of weather conditions.
- Must be able to hear and process ordinary conversation and telephone conversation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff, children, families, and community.
- Must be able to tolerate air-conditioned buildings and fluorescent lights.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or reach, to retrieve materials and supplies from ground level to a height of at least 5 ft.
- Must have upper body strength to lift and carry the equivalent of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist a child to safety in case of an emergency.
- Must be able to work in a flexible daily routine and change as required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures, including hot and cold weather.
Transportation staff must:
Able to tolerate possible exposure to biohazards, i.e., body fluids, etc.
Ability to recognize mechanical problems that would require stopping of bus to prevent damage or potential accident while driving.
Able to read gauges on dash of bus and recognize indicator of problems.
Able to tolerate possible gas and diesel fumes.
Able to tolerate dust and gravel.