Hiring New Staff
For the safety and well-being of the children and families we serve, and to retain quality staff for all programs, WCFD has several requirements in the process of hiring new staff. New staff must be willing to complete the following:
Employment Application Checklist
- Provide three letters of reference with a completed application
- Complete a criminal background check, including fingerprinting
- Have a physician sign a statement that the applicant has no communicable diseases
- Complete a tuberculosis test
- Complete a driving record check, if driving on a regular basis for WCFD
- Complete a pre-employment drug test and physical exam, if driving as a CDL driver for WCFD. We maintain a drug-free work environment.
- Be approved for employment by the Parent Policy Council and Board of Directors
Employees working 30 hours per week or more are eligible for all of the following benefits: As of September 1, 2013 WCFD pays 13.19% of gross wages to the Wyoming retirement fund.
- Term Life Insurance
WCFD pays the entire premium for a term life policy (approximately $15,000.
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
WCFD allocates PTO based on longevity and the number of qualifying months and hours worked.
- Group Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Plans
WCFD offers Insurance Plans for eligible full-time employees. A detailed information packet is available regarding the various plan options.
- Tuition Assistance
Teachers and Home Visitors may be eligible for 80% tuition assistance towards coursework that is pre-approved. Other employees may be eligible for 50% tuition assistance.
- Other Voluntary Benefits
Employees may choose to purchase AFLAC or Colonial Insurance options and have the premiums deducted through WCFD payroll. Employees can also choose to have funds deducted through payroll for tax sheltered annuities. Employees, who are eligible for PTO, can participate in an Extended Illness Leave Bank (EILB), which can provide additional leave time for a serious illness.
- Part-time employees may qualify for tuition assistance for approved coursework.
- Employees who work 20 hours per week or more receive pro-rated PTO benefits and may participate in the EILB after the waiting period.
- Employees who work 25 hours per week or more are also eligible for Wyoming retirement benefits.
- Part time employees may also purchase AFLAC or Colonial Insurance options and invest in tax sheltered annuities.
For more information 307-836-2751