Wyoming Child and Family Development Lusk
The Wyoming Child and Family Development Lusk Center offers services for children birth to five years old.
We recognize parents as a child’s first and most important teacher. By partnering with parents we can help prepare children for success in school and in life. Parents are always welcome and encouraged to participate in classroom and other center activities.
Head Start provides a free, early intervention program to low-income, at-risk children, 3 – 5 years of age and their families. Each child receives a developmental, hearing, vision, and health screening. Our program provides activities that address the child’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development to help prepare the child for success in school and in life. Class is for 4 hours and includes breakfast and lunch.
Discovery Preschool provides free preschool services for children who are three, four, or five years old as of the school age cutoff date (September 15th). Each child receives a developmental, hearing, vision, and health screening. Our program provides activities that address the child’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development to help prepare the child for success in school and in life. Classes are for 4 hours a day four days a week.
Free 1 before 2 child development screenings
are offered monthly at the Wyoming Child and Family Development Lusk Center for all children from birth through five years old.
Infants and preschool children are screened to determine how they are progressing towards their developmental milestones.
Developmental Disabilities services are available for free to all birth to five year old children with special needs. Services include: speech/language therapy, physical and occupational therapy, special education and mental health services.
PO Box 1261
801 S. Maple
Lusk, WY 82225
4:1 HS Class Time: Tues – Fri 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Lusk Early Childhood Center provides a free and comprehensive screening for all children age’s birth thru 6 years of age.
- Our Intervention Services provide services for children ages birth-6 and they are available in the home or at the center and also within the classroom setting,
- We provide a high quality preschool for ages 3-5 years of age, which offers an exceptional learning atmosphere and early intervention services.
- Our Preschool is funded through Head Start, TANF (Discovery Preschool) and Developmental Disabilities.
- We are proudly accredited by National Association of Young Children (NAEYC). We are in compliance with National and Wyoming State Department of Education Standards.