Parent and community engagement is a cornerstone of Head Start’s success.
Volunteers are a vital piece of our program. We have a great need for volunteers in a number of areas including:
Who can volunteer?
- Helping in a classroom
- Class Preparation
- Mentoring a parent by providing an opportunity to job shadow
- Cleaning, painting, and helping with the general repair of the facilities
- • Sharing a special talent such as music, gardening, training animals, art, juggling
- Donating funds or items of need for our program such as books, paper, etc.
- Inviting us to your business to share our mission with your co-workers
Anyone who has a passion for enriching the lives of children and families is a potential volunteer.
Why are volunteers so important to Wyoming Child and Family Development (WCFD)?
In addition to helping our program run more smoothly, each volunteer’s contribution of time is assigned a dollar value and counted as a donation. In order for our program to qualify for the federal grant which covers 80% of our operating budget, WCFD is required to collect donations totaling 25% of our budget. Donations of volunteer time help us meet this requirement. Your volunteerism is tax deductible.
How do I get involved?
For more information about volunteering for Wyoming Child and Family Development, please contact the Family and Community Partnership Coordinator - or your local center.
, Family Services and Community Partnership Coordinator
Wyoming Child and Family Development